Sunday, May 29, 2005

A whole week you say

So it's been seven days and you've heard nothing from me. Nothing really interesting has happened. Well a few things, I guess but I'll just give the major points and then probably go into small details because that's just what I do. I didn't end up doing anything last Saturday. I know I said I would do something and then I never did. I also said I would tell you about other things but I didn't and I'm not going to now mostly because I don't remember what it was. Weird how that's the part you remember. I'll remember later and write something probably. Right now, I'll just tell you about this past week. On Sunday, I stayed home and cleaned mostly. My apartment was so clean. I even bought a giant 50L garbage bag and threw all kinds of things away. No more Pizza Ann Joy boxes laying about the place. It's kind of a funny name for a pizza company especially because it has a little chinese man on the box. I'd say Korean but you know that little man is always Chinese. Well, he's never Japanese at least. Yes, so I had a clean apartment for a day. Actually, I still need to clean 2 things. I haven't been able to bring myself to clean the fridge. I cleaned out the inside of the toilet with a scrubpad and my bare hands. That's pretty gross I must admit. Toilet water was actually one of my myths. I think I had 3 of them and I don't know where they came from but they were just things that I thought. One was that wealth brought you unhappiness. Fame made you lonely. And toilet water was actually the cleanest of waters. So the last one doesn't make that much sense. The water inside the toilet always looked cleaned to me, pre-use of course or post-flush until I had my own toilet that is. Now it never seems to look like the cleanest water. I think it was because everyone always said toilet water was so dirty but never looked that dirty so I thought it was just a myth. The dogs were really drinking the cleaner water. I never drank from the toilet. I did drink rain water once and I almost drowned in a rain barrel but those are different stories. I wonder why we even had a rain barrel. Oh, that summer of 84.

Moving on, the other unclean thing is my glass door frame but that's not that gross.

New thing entirely, Monday was normal and then Tuesday I started getting sick again. I hope I don't get sick every month. I have some vitamins now. I'm sure it's diet related or sleep related. I think you can get by without one but not both. I don't sleep or eat enough. I wish I had an oven and a wide range of easy oven-related meals. Ranges require so much more attention. So I was pretty sick for about 3 days. Maybe it started Monday. Anyways, it was cold like. It was strange though because I'd feel much healthier while I was teaching and during my breaks I'd feel awful. Sometimes it was like nothing was wrong. Then I'd start to walk home and get so tired. I even wanted to walk the long way home so I would be bathed in light the whole way. I don't know why but that's how I wanted it. Then I'd get home and collapse on my bed and hardly move for hours. Have the tv on and barely pay attention while I thought about how I should eat something but wasn't hungry. I also had stressful repetetive dreams about work. I woke up thinking Paul, Paul, Paul. I like Paul now. He's actually funny. I kept waking up but got much more sleep than usual. I actually went to bed before 11 instead of after 1 or more reecently 2-230. It's such a waste. Too bad you don't remember a full nights worth of dream. Otherwise I would love sleeping. I only like sleeping in or sleeeping when I need to wake up. Between snoozes feels so good. Weekday sleep though. The night of blackness. I only remember my dreams of the weekend or between snoozes. Back to being sick. I was probably more subdued in some classes. Especially my 402class. The one I've hated recently. May was so good on Wednesday. I had them write a sentence with 'bigger than' on the board. She cheated and used her book but that should help her anyway. Maybe the book is too hard but my melons could probably make a sentence faster than they could. Comparisons aren't that hard are they? That they just don't care is also part of it. I was worried all day about that class because I thought I would be dead and have no patience. It actually made me more patient though. I was less stressed. I went to bed early that night too. My body is a little strange I think. Days where I woke up feeling better I would feel the worst by the end and then Thursday morning I probably felt the worst and felt the best at the end.

My parents came on Thursday. I met them at the hotel. Hotel Amigo. I don't know why the Korean hotel has a Spanish either. I worked on Friday sort of. Well, watched them draw, color and play games. It wasbetter that actually teaching. Today I actually had to work. Saturday at work. It was ok in the morning, we learned new boardgames so we played them a bit. Unsatisfying though since we didn't finish a single one. Then the foreign teachers (ie me and matt and renee) gave model lessons for the open class. It wasn't that bad actually. It's fun to treat grown-ups like children. 'What's your favourite colour? Oh, you lilke blue? What's something blue?" It just ran too long. I've been leaving my parents to run around town by themselves. They;ve seen quite a bit. More than me, I'm afraid. Yesterday, we had burgers and they came to see my apartment. Tonight we went out to eat and then saw Star Wars. It was actually a really good movie. Really that's all I've done with my parents. We've walked downtown and that's really the only other thing. I should probably go to sleep though since I actually have the whole day with my parents tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll get to leave the city tomorrow.

PS I have a new keyboard now and I'm not that used to it so sometimes I leave my fingers on the keys for a bit too long and letters are doubled or spaces missed somehow. I think caught most of them but if my writing looks a bit more dutch that's probably why.

No comments: