Friday, September 16, 2005

Nausea explained

A few weeks ago I kept feeling nauseous right in the middle of the afternoon. I had no idea why.

I tried to remain in my current state and was successful for most of the afternoon. My last class though came pretty close to ruining the whole thing. What a bunch of yahoos those 3 boys are! One is basically functionally retarded, I just give him the answers and don't make him work at all. Honesty can sound so cruel sometimes. Anyways, about halfway through class I started feeling a bit nauseated. Then I realized what it was. It's from yelling. I swear it is. I felt my stomach as I was yelling and my abdominals were contracting doing strange things with my stomach contents I imagine. My yelling has improved my loud voice I think. I used to not be able to speak that loudly without my throat starting to hurt at some point. Now I feel like I could just yell, all day long, because surprise, surprise, that's what I've been doing for longer than I would have liked.

I also might be starting to speak more loudly in general. I can't really tell since I usually don't speak very loud at all so maybe I'm not only speaking at an average volume but I can't help like feeling like some loud obnoxious jerk when I enter an elevator or am in a quiet space. I don't have any hypothesis for that one I'm afraid. Might all be in my head.

I think I've managed to regain some of my enthusiasm for life from this afternoon. Maybe this will be a nice weekend after all. Would still like to get away if only to head to some consulates. Namely the Chinese one. I wouldn't mind spending a few days in Beijing to obtain a Kazakh visa. I only have the first leg of my potential Stan trip covered. While there are a few things in China that I would like to see that wasn't really the aim of this trip, well potential trip. So my plan would be to dash through China, stop in Urumqi and then take a train or bus to Almaty in Kazakhstan. It's the most cosmopolitan city in central asia so they say. After that I'd arrange for the next visa to Kyrgyztan and Tajikistan possibly. It's going to be such a headache to get visas espescially for Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan. They all require a letter of invitation which can be bought for about $25 each. Damn visas! They will make fine additions to my passport though. I would love to eyed suspiciously going through customs. 'What was this fellow doing in Uzbekistan?' I've secretly always wanted to come under suspicion. Nothing serious though, just mystery novel type suspicion. I'd never be guilty of anything so maybe that's as far as I'm willing to flirt with serious crime. Anyways, I just felt like writing again to say that I've managed to barely hold on to feeling and that yelling too much will make me nauseated if I don't eat properly for it. I wonder what the ideal diet is for a yelling machine. Only required Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Only 8 more days.

Also there's a replacement for me all lined up. Candace. Poor naive Candace.

1 comment:

Vivec said...

hahaha. Candace, The fool! If only she blogged.