Thursday, June 30, 2005

Waiting for water to boil

I've decided I'm wasting too much time on my computer and with TV. I've become an expert on korean commercials, well not exactly but I already know what commercial it's going to be from the first 2 seconds of music. I could be doing so many more productive things. I could do my laundry or clean my apartment, or wander around my neighbourhood aimlessly. Actually, I don't think I'd do the last one. My neighbourhood isn't all that interesting. I really do keep expecting to happen across something totally amazing but that hasn't really happened. I really don't know what I think will happen. I don't know if I've said this before but I secretly I believe that I have a destiny. Believed is maybe a bit strong, can you subconsciously assume?

I'm actually not really a wordsmith, good thing I was never an english major. It's also good I'm only teaching language and not literary devices. I had to teach 3 math classes today actually. I don't understand why we teach that. Isn't math the only universal language? I assume it has something to do with learning numbers and I only teach it twice a month (to each class that is).

Anyways, TV is taking up too much of my time but I don't know what to fill it up with. I could read but it feels like it makes solitude more intense. I need to listen to something in order to read. Maybe I'm a stimulus junkie. I wrote stimulation junkie before but that has sexual overtones, which is completely unrelated. I tend to have the tv on while listening to something all the while doing something else. I'd feel like an energy glutton but my electric bill was only about $10 this month. Maybe it's because I'm only home for a couple hours a day that don't involve sleeping that is. I wonder how much energy this fan is consuming. It's really just something rotating endlessly so I can't imagine it's tons of energy and it's completely justifiable. It's so freaking hot.

I was never a sweater before coming here. I remember when I was amazed at having a bit of wetness on the small of my back. Yesterday, I was at the gym and my hair actually started to get wet. I've also felt beads of sweat. That happened maybe once before I moved here and it was something really intense. Why is it that so many things have sexual overtones? It's definitely unpleasant. I can't even sleep at night anymore. I did have a dream last night though. I forget what it was about exactly. Sometimes, I feel like dreams are the only proof of actual sleep. Well, that's not true. I remember being on a bus once with a bunch of Australians it Turkey who there for Anzac day. I didn't know them, we were just all on a tour. Anyways, it was a bit strange. They showed a movie on the bus. It was, well I forget the title, some Bruce Willis movie about terrorism in New York so they lock up all the Muslims. What a weird movie to show in a Muslim country. Granted they aren't ultra-muslims but still strange. Some man also got out of his seat and just sat on the floor beside my seat to watch the movie. It felt like a dog or something sitting beside me. I felt like I should've pet him or something. Anyways, it was an overnight bus and you never feel like you sleep on those. I've been on more that I'd like. This is a long drawn out way to say that drooling is also a sign of sleep. There was seriously this huge dark spot on my shirt. Realising you've been drooling is always so embarrassing. Can you even be embarrassed about something if no one even finds out or is that just a sign you're too self-conscious.

I would write more but I'm off to meet someone. Sexual overtones or no?

No comments: